Careers Education Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) promotes the skills and understanding that are necessary for young people to make informed decisions about the choices that they face at each stage of their career development. This process offers a particular contribution to the school’s Mission Statement: I have come that they may have life and have it to the full. Years Eight to Thirteen are identified as the recipients of Careers Education and Guidance. The school’s provision prepares students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
- to enable young people to develop self-awareness.
- to enable young people to learn about the opportunities for education and work.
- to develop decision-making skills.
- to develop interpersonal skills.
- to develop self-reliance and responsibility.
- to engage young people in the support that is available through outside agencies.
We are very grateful to those companies that offer our students one or more placements. This experience proves invaluable for St. James' students.
To contact me by e-mail please click here. Alternatively, you can contact me by telephone on 020 8358 2800.